High School Writing Contest
Calling all High School Juniors and Seniors
Enter Wisconsin Writers Association High School Writing Contest
· No charge to enter.
· Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both fiction and non-fiction.
· Entries may have a 1500 words maximum.
· No swear words may be used.
· Entries must be submitted by Thursday, April 30th.
· Entries must be submitted as doc or docx
· Double space and use 12 pt. font
How to Enter:
Fill out the entry form at:
Include on your submission:
o Name, phone number, email address of student.
o Name and city of school you attend.
o Name and email address of teacher. (So we can notify both student and teacher.)
o Title of Essay
o Add Disclaimer at bottom: "This is my original work." with student's name typed after disclaimer.
Two Categories: Fiction and Non-Fiction
1st Place in each will be awarded $75.00
2nd Place in each will be awarded $50.00
3rd Place in each will be awarded $25.00
*All winners will get a free one-year membership to the WWA.
Please Note: All winning submissions will be published in our Wisconsin Writers Association Anthology. A copy will be sent to the student and the school they attend.