Friday, March 25, 2011

Kevin J. Anderson

The first thing I do when I realize KJA is not only from Racine, but--ahem--close in age, is run to my yearbook. I think if he'd have made close billing with our class astronaut if he'd gone to Horlick. Then I get the skinny from the man's own web site, and he's really from closer to the middle of the state, Oregon.

The things I keep learning about Wisconsin. I heard Patrick Rothfuss on the radio and I agree, Wisconsin is a great incubator for writers. I'm hoping to catch that wave one of these days.

Kevin J. Anderson is the author of more than one hundred novels, 47 of which have appeared on national or international bestseller lists. He has over 20 million books in print in thirty languages. He has won or been nominated for numerous prestigious awards, including the Nebula Award, Bram Stoker Award, the SFX Reader's Choice Award, the American Physics Society's Forum Award, and New York Times Notable Book. By any measure, he is one of the most popular writers currently working in the science fiction genre.

Being a big Star Wars fan, I read a few of those books. Then there are the Dune books: http://www.dunenovels.com/. Saga of the Seven Suns, horror Stories, cartoons and X-Files.

No comments: